Electronic UL1666 Cable Shaft Pipe Vertically Burning Testing
Cable tester is s a fully automatic instrument contained in its own
cabinet to maximize the safety of the operator. The device complies
with UL1581-2001(1060 FT1, 1061, 1080VW-1, 1090, 1100FT2)
standards-related requirements designed. Applicable to the single
wire and cable, and soft-line horizontal , vertical combustion
test. Burning time and burning the number of adjustable, can be
automatic / manual, vertical / horizontal switching, gas pressure,
flow adjustable and equipped with flame temperature recognition
Includes: Flame height gauge and 100% absorbent cotton
UL1666<<Test for flame propagation height of electrical and
optical-fiber cables installed vertically in shafts>>
ANSI/ASTM D 5207 & UL 1581, ANSI/ASTM D 5025
1. U-type pressure gauge: measuring chamber pressure maintained at
2. Hygrometer: measuring chamber temperature and humidity;
3. The structure of the chamber: the overall structure of the
concrete wall by the brick, the first layer is 1.22M, the second
layer is 3.66M, the top is 2.24M. External dimensions: 7.12M high
x1.3M wide x2.5M long;
4. The wall structure is a density of 106lb / ft3 (1698kd / m3) of
concrete, the thermal conductivity (k) at 21.1 ℃ for the 0.38Btu
(0.055W / mk);
5. The first and second layer by the 203mm thick ordinary weight of
the cement composition.Roof is made of wall to ensure its
6. The measuring hole in the second layer must be above the
vertical hole of the first layer measuring hole (305mm by 610mm),
each hole is 203mm behind the box and 102mm from the side of the
1. It consists of a 1 / 2inch steel pipe, a 1 / 2inch elbow and a
steel ignition dispersion disc.
2. Install a propane flow meter where the gas is injected
Fan: Exhaust fan and anemometer are installed at the test box outlet.
Combustion gas source: The gas supplied to the igniter must be CP-grade propane and
provide 2500 Btu of heat per cubic foot.
Exhaust Fans and Conveying Tubes: Steel ducts are installed in the center of the top of the test
chamber, and the exhaust fan is connected to the duct.
Data acquisition system: The PLC and computer are used to collect and record the air
velocity at the inlet and the temperature of the thermocouple in
the second hole every 5 seconds.